Tuesday 12 January 2010

HAND PAINTED SHIRT HORRORS and "CREATE" is the word


I just had a flashback the early 90's and very stupid idea I once has that involved selling Atom Seed t-shirts (long lost English rock band of the early 90's who were happening news for a couple of years) with just white prints on a black t-shirt on them and then selling sets of fabric paint with them to get people creating a bit rather than just consuming. "Create" was always the word with Organ and Organart you see... There was some awfully bad attempts, really badly hand painted shirts with Organart logos on them, i would cringe every time i saw one hoping people wouldn't think it was me who had painted them that badly! And talking of Atom Seed artwork i forgot to tell anyone that if they took their Atom Seed 12" Rebel single and put it next to their Get in Line vinyl album that paintings on the front joined up, in fact whichever side of the album you put the 12" single, it worked as a repeat (the textile designer in me see)... You can see on the covers and how they fit together on the website, i forgot all about it until I put some of the covers on the website last week, must photoshop them all together as one piece. Some of those shirts were painted rather well, not many though, and I must admit I always got a kick out of seeing my Atom Seed art copied and painted on the back of people's jackets or made in to tattoos and such...

Cold out there today, spray painting on canvas and fingers seizing up. Got an e.mail today from someone who found one of the recent cardboard paintings, seems it is all framed and on a wall now... found on a train going North out of Euston, I never left anything on a train, i figure train cleaners will destroy them straight away. No word on the one left this weekend in the Royal Festival Hall down on the very cold southbank where the graff artists are also noticing the cold. That's not my work there, that someone else "buzzing" at -6 degrees, my paint all hits canvas or cardboard the days, can't spare the paint for walls

No comments:

Post a Comment