Wednesday 17 March 2010

Yes, Going for the one and Market stalls are street art...


Yes, the sun finally came out, a ladybird almost landed in freshly sprayed paint, even had a daffodil threaten to make an appearance, is the Spring really finally here at last? Sprayed up a storm yesterday in good light and fresh air (well Montana Gold flavoured fresh air) . The green shoots of spray painted spring, Tales Of Topographic paint lakes and Going For The One, Red Italian heels on canvas and cardboard and vinyl. new fresh seven inch vinyl on red, blue and indeed white ready for the weekend, recycled CDs all ready to be dropped with their new leaf growth...

More layers and leaves (and leafhearts) over prog rock logos thrown up as graff on pieces of already covered canvas that then get worked upon some more...

"Are you one of them street artists?" asked someone the other day. No, but those marks and shapes and ways of doing things have been in my visual vocabulary for many years now and I probably did paint on walls before you (or Robbo) ever did. No my walls are canvas shaped or cardboard shaped. I may make some of the same marks, no time for all that almost anal slickness in my work though, Graffic work is not for this paint thrower and I do rather enjoy (controlled) drops and drips and yes I may leave leaves on the street and I may love the idea street art, but no, I would never claim to be " one of them street artists"

Now does anyone feel like collaborating on Market stalls in London thisd summer... the art end of Portobello Road and such places... Share the cost, the space, the work, te fun, the sunshine and the time? Get in touch... D.I.Y and lo-fi, never mind no galleries, STREET ART!

No comments:

Post a Comment