Tuesday 25 May 2010

KINGSINGER CANVAS LEAFGROWTH PROGRESS PART 2



The ongoing progress of the still unfinished canvas wall that is the Kingsinger canvas (previously blogged about further down, retrieved from the bins of a former member of 60/70's vocal group The Kingsingers). There's quite a few in between photos between this part 2 and the previous part 1, saving it all with the idea of animating it, there again maybe not. far too easy to get distracted by animation and photoshop and computers rather than raw canvas and wet paint...

Colours are a little washed out in this photo, just want to document it for myself here (and You if You want to see it) , ye s I know it isn't finished and I really should keep it all to myself, but I do see these ever evolving canvas pieces the same way i view the ever changing walls full of layer after layer of graffiti marks down at the Southbank... Walk pass this canvas again next week and it will have changed once more

Things really coming together with the gallery space now, getting rather excited about the forthcoming PATRICK'S HARVIST AFFORDABLE ART FAIR - Harvist is spelt that way because of one of roads the cafe and gallery space is on the corner of... people seem genuinely impressed with the line up of artists for the first fair, can't wait to see it all up in the space.

Going to follow things up with a solo show of my own work, some may question that but I feel like I have a good body of new work to show, feeling confidently excited about filling the space, and I kind of want to be the guinea pig and learn about the problems involved in solo shows at the gallery, rather have the problems happen to me that someone else I've brought in. But then MARIA SLOVAKOVA is going to be involved as well, Maria will take a wall, show some of her work (I really love Maria's paintings, one of the best things about running an art space is discovering new art and new people), Maria will also perform her music/poetry/soundscapes...

"We are performing a 30 minute set with Dean Firth on electronic soundscapes and Greg Hall on cello at the opening of Sean Worrall's Solo show that will also feature some of my paintings...See you there" said Maria on line just now..

The solo show will open on 17th June, more news very soon...
Creative exciting times... Lots of good people making contact with their art and energy and.... keep it all coming, might take a couple of days for me ot get bac kto everyone, I will get back though...

No comments:

Post a Comment