Monday 22 February 2010

And they are so much better in the flesh


"Thank you very much... that was a great surprise, I saw a blue one up this week and felt disappointed that I wouldn't have it... And they are so much better in the flesh, I was really quite taken aback by the colours, I really love them, just perfect, thanks. And just what I needed having got home with a horrible sore throat and drinking a lemsip. Thank you, they're great, I love them...." read the e.mail from this week's happy 'winner' of last week's 1p piece left on ebay... a black seven inch piece of leaf covered vinyl. But a black one couldn't leave here alone, so a blue one went with it... and yes, you really can't see the colours of any of this art on line, can't see the colour, the texture, you don't feel the need to touch...

I do rather like this recycling of old vinyl records that remain here from the days when I had a record company hat to wear. And I do rather like leaving them to be found on the virtual street at places like Ebay or the real street... no more feedback from the ones left to be found, wonder if they were found or went in the bin or....

No comments:

Post a Comment