Sunday 7 February 2010

WILFRED and LEAFHEARTS and WALLS OF.... Busy busy...


busy busy creatively good times... Sunday is me on the radio day, playing music (but that's Organgrinding and this is the No Organgrinding blog), playing the music that others don't on London's finest radio station, Resonance 104.4FM - on at 9.00pm UK time, you can hear it worldwide via www.resonancefm.com - you should check out Resonance FM, an arts based radio station, lots of art on the radio...

Here's a couple of cut to the chase 140 character Twitters from just now....

@Sean_Worrall A load of my specially commissioned one off Valentine's canvas spray pieces in Graffik & Portobello Rd restaurants as Graffik's "WallOfLove"

@Sean_Worrall #Radio day again, I'm on @ResonanceFM, 9pm UK time,104.4FM #Ldn or www.resonancefm.com, a bag load of the stuff other don't play on FM radio

You see, delivered some new pieces, some of that hand painted vinyl, some fresh canvas pieces and such to Graffik Gallery last Friday... and they commented that those leaves look like hearts - well lots of you do, leafhearts. Now it could be that I'm heartless, the truth is I'm painting leaves, but who's to say, if you see hearts then You are as right as I am when it comes to what the paintings are about and what can be seen on the canvas... So the good people at Graffik asked for more heartleaves, and why not? I showed them some on the website and that was indeed what they wanted. THe idea fired me and so an all night session of work (again) and waiting for the sun to come up on Saturday morning (and hoping for no rain) and spray paint hitting canvas in the dawn light and a 1o new pieces of "Leaf-heart" art (along with the four they had requested from the website) delivered at 10am Saturday morning for the Graffik "WallOfLove" that's happening both in the gallery and in a couple of the Restaurants over the street on the main drag of Portobello Road, just up a bit from the Westway bridge (do I get a free meal? I can't afford to eat in Restaurants...). I'll take some photos and put up the new work on Monday, busy here today getting tonight's radio show together and painting more pieces and this really is a non-stop operation, both the Organ grinding and the non-Organ Grinding...

That's a painting of "Wilfred" up there, a battered beatbox who has a lot of history to him, belongs to Marina, did time at the GLC Capital Hop Hop Jam of '85, served well on Robot dancing, street busking duty, he's the real deal... and he's now been painted several times on cardboard, vinyl and in that case up there, on canvas. That one is from last year, one of the works delivered on Friday and now on view (and indeed for sale) at Graffik - is that a leaf or a heart there? Busy busy, creatively busy.... The Wall of Love Valentine art will be up on line tomorrow...

And later on today I shall leave some more Cardboard pieces on the Southbank... This is what I like about so called "Street Art", the marks, the way it evolves, the uncluttered real way it gets out there... I don't consider myself a street artist, I don't really have the right to claim I am, but I do like the marks and the atittudes and the way work evolves and how it gets out there to people, and spray paint has been my medium of choice for years (and years...) And I do like the idea of leafhearts.... not really that hearltess then?

No comments:

Post a Comment